Skip to main content
Prints and Wall Art since 2004
sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Tel: (08) 6102 8352
Home > All Images > 2022 > February > 10 Feb 2022

Images Dated 10th February 2022

Choose from 251 pictures in our Images Dated 10th February 2022 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Presenting the keys JLP01_09_782973 Featured 10 Feb 2022 Image

Presenting the keys JLP01_09_782973

Farriers Hall Community Centre, Farriers Way, Borehamwood, Elstree and Borehamwood, Hertsmere, Hertfordshire. F Bryer, Director of Laing's Building Division, presenting Councillor J Tatham with the key to the old people's club on the Furzehill Road housing development.
Laing began work on the Furzehill road contract in March 1976. 395 houses and flats would accommodate around 1,400 people. The site was a former Home of Rest for Horses, giving rise to street names like Farriers Way. The contract became an unofficial training ground for apprentices and the old people's club was built entirely by apprentices. J Tatham represented the Greater London Council's Housing Management Committee

© Historic England Archive

Tying laces JLP01_08_044517 Featured 10 Feb 2022 Image

Tying laces JLP01_08_044517

Gordon Johnson, a member of the Football Section of Laing's Sports Club, smiling at the camera as he ties his shoe laces at a sports ground.
This image was published in the October 1955 edition of Laing's monthly Team Spirit newsletter, in the Sports Personality section. The article welcomes Gordon Johnson back to the team after completing a two year period of National Service in the Navy. Gordon had played for the club since 1949, and was a member of the first eleven

© Historic England Archive

Students common room JLP01_08_072394 Featured 10 Feb 2022 Image

Students common room JLP01_08_072394

Durham University, Parson's Field House, Durham, County Durham. Three men reading newspapers in the students common room in Parson's Field House halls of residence at Durham University.
The Parson's Field House halls of residence were designed by the architects Bernard Taylor and Associates and were built by the Northern Region of Laing's Construction Company. Three four-storey blocks were constructed using Laingwall prefabricated concrete units, including block one which contained the main dining room and common rooms on the ground floor with study bedrooms on the upper floors, block two contained administration offices on the ground floor with bedrooms above and block three contained study bedrooms. Work on the site started in in June 1964 and was completed in June 1966 when it was handed over to the university authorities for furnishing. These buildings have subsequently been demolished

© Historic England Archive