Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Europe > United Kingdom > England > Cornwall > Truro

Truro Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Truro can be found in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom in Europe

Choose from 1,150 pictures in our Truro collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Furzupland, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured Truro Print

Furzupland, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

A young girl with a skipping rope is at the top of the steps, a lady holding a card or paper is on the right and a gentleman in a trilby is on the left. A gentleman with a white beard and wearing a cap can be seen looking out of a first floor window. The local story of this house is that it was built for an eccentric rich man. At the time when it was built, a well used thoroughfare ran beside the house and the man thought that someone might break in during the night and steal his money. So he had it built like a castle without stairs. At night he would climb up to the first floor using a rope ladder, pull the ladder up and sleep with a blunderbuss gun beside him. On the 1871 census an Edward George Spry, aged 36, lived there. He is described as a Bachelor of Arts, Landowner, Fund Holder and owner of stock in railways, mines etc. He was also part owner of the Red Lion Hotel in Boscawen Street, Truro. His housekeeper was Mary Verran. He and his housekeeper still lived there in 1881. Mr Spry died in 1887 leaving £11,000 (about £1 million today). The house is listed on the 1891 and 1901 censuses but with no occupants. Albert Sidney Labouchere-Sparling lived in the house between 1903 and 1906. In 1911, Josiah Clark (formerly of Tregavethan) lived there with his wife Olivia. It is possible that the people in the photograph are members of the Clark family. Furzuplands was home to the Brown family in the late 1950s. The property was later bought by architect Paul Bunyan and his wife, Laurence, who completely refurbished the interior. Photographer: Probably Arthur Philp

© From the collection of the RIC

Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910 Featured Truro Print

Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910

Lis Escop (Cornish for Bishop's Court) in winter with cattle in the foreground. Originally the Kenwyn Vicarage, in 1876 it became the residence of the Bishops of Truro. Around 1906, the Chapel and dining room, designed by E.H. Sedding and pictured in the centre of the house, were added by Bishop Stubbs. Therefore, the date of the photograph is around 1910 when these were completed. The bell turret was reportedly partially copied from the porch of St Mary's in Oxford. The house was stayed in by convalescing officers and Belgian refugees during the First World War. From 1953 until 1982 it was known as Copeland Court and was used by Truro Cathedral School as classrooms and a house for the headmaster. The house was named in memory of Geoffrey Copeland of Trelissick, a former pupil whose family gifted the funds necessary to purchase the property for the school. Copeland Court became a convent for the Community of the Epiphany in 1983. Renamed Epiphany House in 2001 the house became a conference and retreat centre. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

Pilchard seine boat, Cornwall County Fisheries Exhibition, Truro, Cornwall. July to August 1893 Featured Truro Print

Pilchard seine boat, Cornwall County Fisheries Exhibition, Truro, Cornwall. July to August 1893

Pilchard seine boat on the River Kenwyn at Back Quay in Truro, with Samuel Brokenshire carriage factory in the background. A number of carts and carriages are parked on the quay, with a number of onlookers who are possibly workers from the factory. The coach builder, Samuel Brokenshire (also a shoeing smith) is recorded in Kelly's Directory, 1889, at Back Quay, Royal Hotel Yard, Truro. The main Fisheries Exhibition site was a field at the top of Lemon Street and the exhibition ran from 25th July 1893 for a month. Number 11 in a series of glass lantern slides recording the Fisheries Exhibition. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC