Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Clapham Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 96 pictures in our Clapham collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


LFDCA-LFB Vintage fire engine in a Clapham street Featured Print

LFDCA-LFB Vintage fire engine in a Clapham street

A former Middlesex Fire Brigade pump escape which was visiting Clapham fire station. Middlesex was absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade in 1965 with the creation of the Greater London Council. This Dennis dual-purpose appliance was restored by fire service enthusiasts and used at displays and open days.. Here it is seen in a Clapham street with the 50 foot escape ladder slipped from the rear of the engine

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

The new U.P.W. Headquarters, Clapham, London Featured Print

The new U.P.W. Headquarters, Clapham, London

The new U.P.W. (Union of Postal Workers) Headquarters, Clapham, London. The architect, L A Culliford designed the new headquarters for the Union of Post Office Workers roughly on the footprint of the original Grove Lodge (with a frontage on Abbeville Road). This building was opened on 16th July 1937. An article in The Builder in September 1937 gave a detailed description and several photographs. It pointed out that the building had been planned to take advantage of the pleasant surroundings with all working rooms facing south, and storage and filing rooms on the north side. Now the building is 9 Metropolitan Crescent after conversion to apartments. Date: 1937

© Mary Evans / Grenville Collins Postcard Collection

Shakespeare Theatre, Clapham Junction Featured Print

Shakespeare Theatre, Clapham Junction

Promotional postcard of The Shakespeare Theatre, Clapham Junction. The theatre was built by Charles Gray Hill to the designs of the prolific theatre Architect W. G. Sprague on a site next to the Battersea Town Hall (which is still standing today) on Lavender Hill, and was separated from it by Theatre Street. The Theatre opened under the management of William Bennett on the 16th of November 1896 and was mainly used as a legitimate theatre showing drama and plays, but was also put into use as a pantomime house at Christmas time. Date: circa 1896

© The Michael Diamond Collection / Mary Evans Picture Library