Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Tel: (08) 6102 8352
Home > Historic England > Flight > Football grounds from the air

Football grounds from the air Gallery

Choose from 206 pictures in our Football grounds from the air collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Historic England.


Trent Bridge, Nottingham 20520_009 Featured Football grounds from the air Image

Trent Bridge, Nottingham 20520_009

TRENT BRIDGE CRICKET GROUND, Nottingham. Trent Bridge was first used for cricket in 1838 and is the third oldest cricket ground in the world. It is the home of Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club. The first test match at Trent Bridge between England and Australia in 1899 ended in a draw. Since then it has hosted numerous Test matches as well as one-day and Twenty20 international matches. From the 1860s until 1910 it was also used for staging football matches by the town's two team - Notts County and Nottingham Forest. These two clubs later moved to Meadow Lane and the City Ground respectively, both of which are visible in this shot

© Historic England

Stamford Bridge Stadium EAW614381 Featured Football grounds from the air Image

Stamford Bridge Stadium EAW614381

STAMFORD BRIDGE STADIUM, London. Aerial view. Home of Chelsea Football Club in 1992. Around this time Chelsea Village Ltd and Ken Bates won control of the club leading to a major redevelopment of the ground. This is also the year the Premiership was founded. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Aerial, Football, Leisure, Recreation, Sport, Urban

Broadhall Way Stevenage EAW545472 Featured Football grounds from the air Image

Broadhall Way Stevenage EAW545472

Broadhall Way Football Ground home to Stevenage Borough Football Club. Founded in 1980, the club was still playing in the Isthmian League when this photograph was taken in 1988. They have since gained promotion to the Football League as Stevenage FC. The new Lamex Stadium on this site looks distinctly different

© Historic England Archive