Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Tel: (08) 6102 8352
Home > Mary Evans Prints Online > London Fire Brigade

London Fire Brigade Gallery

Choose from 1,269 pictures in our London Fire Brigade collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Mary Evans Prints Online.


LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey Featured London Fire Brigade Image

LCC-LFB Dockhead fire station, Bermondsey

Built by the London County Council (LCC) and opened in 1928, Dockhead fire station replaced two older Bermondsey fire stations that were closed down.. Located in Wolseley Street, SE London, it was the setting for the highly popular television series London's Burning where Dockhead fronted the fictional fire station Blackwall

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews Featured London Fire Brigade Image

LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews

Built in 1879, and located at 165 Tooley Street, this station remained operational until 1928 when the new Dockhead fire station was opened and the engines and crews transferred there. This building still stands in Tooley Street today. A Dennis pump and pump escape are pictured and a child can be seen at a first floor window (the firemen lived at the station along with their families)

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London Featured London Fire Brigade Image

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London

Built by the London County Council, Cherry Garden river fire station was located at Cherry Garden Street in Bermondsey. It was one of four Metropolitan Fire Brigade river stations and, from 1904, the London Fire Brigade. Fireboat Delta was stationed here, followed later by its replacement Gamma III. Although no land fire engines were stationed at Cherry Garden, as can be seen the station maintained a wheeled escape and a hose cart, together with two hook ladders. It remained open until 1948 when, after the fire service was denationalised, London's river service came under review. Cherry Garden was deemed unnecessary and was closed

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library