1895 Day Trippers sitting on Horse Drawn Carriage, Birmingham

Birmingham Post and Mail Archive
Mirrorpix
Birmingham
West Midlands
England

Media ID 21724320

© Mirrorpix

1890s 1895 19th Century Birmingham Historic Horse Drawn Carriage Large Group Of People

EDITORS COMMENTS
This print takes us back to the year 1895, capturing a moment in time when day trippers gathered on a bustling street in Birmingham. The focal point of the image is an elegant horse-drawn carriage, its sturdy wheels rolling along the cobblestone road. This mode of transport was once a common sight, symbolizing both luxury and practicality. The carriage is filled with a large group of people - men in top hats and waistcoats, women adorned in long skirts and bonnets. Their faces are alive with anticipation as they embark on their day trip adventure. Perhaps they were heading to one of Birmingham's picturesque parks or exploring nearby countryside retreats. The photograph exudes an air of nostalgia, transporting us to a bygone era where life moved at a slower pace. It serves as a reminder of how far we have come technologically while also evoking feelings of simplicity and charm that can sometimes be lost in our modern world. Preserved through time by the Birmingham Post and Mail Archive, this historic snapshot offers glimpses into the lives and aspirations of those who lived over a century ago. It allows us to reflect upon our own connection to history and appreciate the progress made since then. As we gaze upon this remarkable piece from Memory Lane Prints, it sparks curiosity about what other hidden treasures lie within archives waiting for their stories to be rediscovered.

MADE IN AUSTRALIA
Safe Shipping with 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

FREE PERSONALISATION*
We are proud to offer a range of customisation features including Personalised Captions, Color Filters and Picture Zoom Tools

FREE COLORIZATION SERVICE
You can choose advanced AI Colorization for this picture at no extra charge!

SECURE PAYMENTS
We happily accept a wide range of payment options so you can pay for the things you need in the way that is most convenient for you

* Options may vary by product and licensing agreement. Zoomed Pictures can be adjusted in the Cart.

redeem
Beautiful Photo Prints and Gifts
Professionally Printed
thumb_up
Professional quality finish
diamond
Made with high-grade materials
inventory_2
Carefully packed to aid safe arrival

Related Images

No 6008 King James II
No 6008 King James II
Rangers FC Team Photo 2007 / 08
Rangers FC Team Photo 2007 / 08
Winter view of Rannoch Moor at sunset with dead tree, frozen stream and snow-covered mountains in the distance, near Fort William, Highland, Scotland, United
Winter view of Rannoch Moor at sunset with dead tree, frozen stream and snow-covered mountains in the distance, near Fort William, Highland, Scotland, United
Coaches club meet in Hyde Park Sir Leonard Powell arriving in Hyde Park for meet 9
Coaches club meet in Hyde Park Sir Leonard Powell arriving in Hyde Park for meet 9
As I see my soul reflected in Nature... the Female I see... Date: 1913
As I see my soul reflected in Nature... the Female I see... Date: 1913
Bishop Ryders Church Birmingham, 1941 a42_00585
Bishop Ryders Church Birmingham, 1941 a42_00585
Scotland football manager Ally MacLeod holds his head in his hands after one of his
Scotland football manager Ally MacLeod holds his head in his hands after one of his
The Vaux Brewery, Sunderland. A slight anachronism these days to see a stage coach with
The Vaux Brewery, Sunderland. A slight anachronism these days to see a stage coach with
Coaching Club meet in Hyde Park. Lieutenant Longfield who drove the R. H
Coaching Club meet in Hyde Park. Lieutenant Longfield who drove the R. H
Dudley Road, Birmingham ARP Service parade after an exercise
Dudley Road, Birmingham ARP Service parade after an exercise
YMCA Sutton Coldfield, 1942 a42_03363
YMCA Sutton Coldfield, 1942 a42_03363

+

Shipping

+

Choices

+

Reviews