Skip to main content
emoji_people   Now is the perfect time to order your Christmas Prints and Gifts from our collection   card_giftcard
sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Popular Themes > Olympics

Olympics Gallery

Olympic Games

Choose from 7,759 pictures in our Olympics collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Olga Korbut - 1972 Munich Olympics - Womens Gymnastics Featured Olympics Print

Olga Korbut - 1972 Munich Olympics - Womens Gymnastics

Gymnastics - 1972 Munich Olympics - Women's Uneven Bars
The USSR's Olga Korbut on the way to winning the silver medal in the uneven bars in the Sports Hall, Olympic Park, Munich, West Germany.
At the 1972 Games the 17 year-old Korbut won gold medals in the balance beam, floor exercises, and team event, and a silver in the uneven bars. Her open display of emotion and tears, after a disastrous uneven bars routine cost her a medal in the individual competition, captivated the Munich audience and endeared her to millions watching on television

© Colorsport

Second floodlit match at Highbury Stadium Featured Olympics Print

Second floodlit match at Highbury Stadium

Arsenal v Glasgow Rangers 17th October 1951. (The First floodlight match at Highbury was Arsenal v Hapoel Tel Aviv on 19th September 1951). Credit: Arsenal Football Club.
Floodlights were fitted in 1951, with the first floodlit match being a friendly against Hapoel Tel Aviv on 19 September of that year. The floodlights that adorn Dalymount Park, once stood at the Arsenal stadium. They were shipped to Dublin in 1962. The inaugural floodlit match saw Arsenal beat Bohemians 3-8.
Arsenal Stadium was a football stadium in Highbury, North London, which was the home ground of Arsenal Football Club between 6 September 1913 and 7 May 2006. It was mainly known as "Highbury" due to its location and was given the affectionate nickname of "The Home of Football" by the club.
It was originally built in 1913 on the site of a local college's recreation ground and was significantly redeveloped twice. The first came in the 1930s, from which the Art Deco East and West Stands date; the second in the late 1980s and early 1990s following the Taylor Report, during which the terraces at both ends of the pitch were removed, making it all-seater with four stands. The resulting reduction in capacity and match-day revenue eventually led to Arsenal opting to build a new stadium, to become known as the Emirates Stadium, nearby, to which they moved in 2006. Recently, Highbury has undergone redevelopment to turn it into a block of flats, with most of the stadium being demolished; parts of the East and West Stands remained to be incorporated into the new development due to their listed status.
The stadium also hosted international matches - both for England and in the 1948 Summer Olympics - and FA Cup semi-finals, as well as boxing, baseball and cricket matches. Its presence also led to the local London Underground station being renamed to Arsenal in 1932, making it the only station on the Underground network to be named after a football club.
In addition to its architecture, the stadium was known for its small but immaculate pitch and for the famous clock which was positioned in the southern side of the ground since its introduction in 1930

© Arsenal 2005 - All Rights Reserved

RMS Olympic BL24990_021 Featured Olympics Print

RMS Olympic BL24990_021

RMS OLYMPIC, White Star Line. View of the boat deck, looking aft, showing lifeboats and funnels. The Olympic was the first of a class of luxurious express transatlantic ocean liners, and entered service with the White Star Line in 1911 as the largest cruise liner in the world. Sister ship of the RMS Titanic, she was the only one of the class to prove a success, serving until 1935. After the Titanic sank in 1912, her stokers went on strike until sufficient lifeboats were provided for all passengers and crew. The ship was then refitted and additional safety measures installed. In 1914 the Olympic was requisitioned as a troopship, served in the Gallipoli campaign in 1915, and brought US troops to Europe in 1917. She returned to civilian service in 1920. Photographed by Bedford Lemere, Southampton, October 1921

© Historic England