Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com.au
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Religion > Religious Architecture > Churches and Cathedrals

Churches and Cathedrals Gallery

Choose from 8,238 pictures in our Churches and Cathedrals collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Hallstatt , Austria Featured Churches and Cathedrals Print

Hallstatt , Austria

The village of Hallstatt, Lake Hallstatt, UNESCO World Heritage Hallstatt-Dachstein is a village in the Salzkammergut, a region in Austria. It is located near the HallstA?tter See (a lake). At the 2001 census, it had 946 inhabitants. Alexander Scheutz has been mayor of Hallstatt since 2009. Hallstatt is known for its production of salt, dating back to prehistoric times, and gave its name to the Hallstatt culture, a culture often linked to Celtic, Proto-Celtic, and pre-Illyrian peoples in Early Iron Age Europe, c.800a??450 BC. Some of the earliest archaeological evidence for the Celts was found in Hallstatt

© 2016 Chan Srithaweeporn

King Henry III Featured Churches and Cathedrals Print

King Henry III

King Henry III (reigned 1216- 1272). Henry succeeded his father John, at the age of nine. Brought up by priests he became devoted to church art and learning. Henry proved a weak ruler, dominated by churchmen and by his wife's French relations. Large sums were spent on expeditions to France and on church building (notably on Westminster). From a Player's cigarette card based on the engraving by G Vertue; British Museum

© Interfoto/Lebrecht Music & Arts

The Anglican Chapel of St Leonard in Tivington, Somerset Featured Churches and Cathedrals Print

The Anglican Chapel of St Leonard in Tivington, Somerset

The Anglican Chapel of St Leonard in Tivington, Somerset, England. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries the chapel was secularised and a fireplace installed at the east end. That part of the building is now the cottage "Dunkery View" which is owned by the National Trust. The chapel was restored in 1896 and was reconsecrated in 1940, having previously been used as a school.
circa 1930s

© Mary Evans / Grenville Collins Postcard Collection