Canvas Prints
Fine Art Prints
Metal Prints
Cards
Home Decor

We accept all major credit cards

Mary Evans Prints Online

Wall Art and Photo Gifts from Mary Evans Picture Library

Mary Evans Picture Library makes available wonderful images created for people to enjoy over the centuries

Media ID 32285918

© Aviation Ancestry

FEATURES IN THESE COLLECTIONS

> Historic > World War I and II > Airplanes and aviation

> Historic > World War I and II > World War I

> Historic > World War I and II > World War II

> Mary Evans Prints Online > New Images July 2023

> Services > Royal Air Force

VISUAL DESCRIPTION
The image depicts a Hawker Demon biplane in flight, characterized by its two wings stacked one above the other and braced with struts and wires. The aircraft bears the registration number "K2907" on its fuselage, indicating its specific identity within a fleet. It's powered by a Rolls-Royce Kestrel engine, which was among the most advanced engines of its era for fighter aircraft. This particular model is associated with rearmament efforts; it served both regular Royal Air Force (RAF) squadrons as well as those of the Auxiliary Air Force during an interwar period marked by military expansion and modernization leading up to World War II. The text suggests that this type of aircraft had been in service since after World War I, highlighting continuity and evolution in military aviation technology. The photograph captures the plane from below at an angle that emphasizes its undercarriage and robust structure, giving viewers insight into the design features that enabled such machines to serve effectively in their roles as combat aircraft during times when aerial warfare tactics were rapidly evolving.

MADE IN AUSTRALIA
Safe Shipping with 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

FREE PERSONALISATION*
We are proud to offer a range of customisation features including Personalised Captions, Color Filters and Picture Zoom Tools

FREE COLORIZATION SERVICE
You can choose advanced AI Colorization for this picture at no extra charge!

SECURE PAYMENTS
We happily accept a wide range of payment options so you can pay for the things you need in the way that is most convenient for you

* Options may vary by product and licensing agreement. Zoomed Pictures can be adjusted in the Cart.

redeem
Beautiful Photo Prints and Gifts
Professionally Printed
thumb_up
Professional quality finish
diamond
Made with high-grade materials
inventory_2
Carefully packed to aid safe arrival
+

Shipping

+